The 22nd edition of the IIFA Awards concluded on June 4 in Abu Dhabi, with ‘Shershaah’ winning the Best Picture, while Vishnu Varadhan won the Best Director award for the film.
Abu Dhabi witnessed a star-studded weekend with the 22nd International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) Awards held at Etihad Arena on Yas Island on the 3rd and 4th of June.
An evening with the best artists, rocking performances, and entertainment sums up IIFA Rocks 2022.
We bet you don't want to miss out on a glimpse of it. pic.twitter.com/DaCJF5OIg5
— IIFA (@IIFA) June 4, 2022
The IIFA was initially set to take place on May 19-21, but it was postponed due to the sudden demise of UAE President Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
The second evening of the award show that took place almost after two years of the COVID-19 pandemic was hosted by Salman Khan, Manish Paul and Riteish Deshmukh.
Several Bollywood celebs, including Vicky Kaushal, Salman Khan, Shahid Kapoor, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Abhishek Bachchan, Manish Paul, Riteish Deshmukh, Honey Singh, and Sara Ali Khan, among others, lightened up the evening with their mind-blowing looks.
It was a night full of glamour and sparkles, with Vicky Kaushal and Kriti Sanon taking home the Best Actor (Male) and Best Actor (Female) Awards. Vicky Kaushal was awarded for his fantastic performance in ‘Sardar Udham’ while Kirti Sanon got the prize for her acting in ‘Mimi’ in which she played the role of a surrogate.
Meanwhile, many Bollywood celebs could be seen dancing and performing various songs, with Ananya Pandey setting up the heat with her dance performance on the song ‘Saami Saami’. At the same time, Abhishek Bachchan could be seen dancing and winning hearts on stage and off stage as he was matching steps with his wife, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and daughter Aradhya.
A blazing performance by #AnanyaPanday was definitely a treat to watch.#IIFA2022 #YasIsland #InAbuDhabi #NEXA #CreateInspire #Sportsbuzz #EtihadArena #RajshreeElaichi #Josh #Dailyhunt #ColorsTv #EaseMyTrip #Woosh pic.twitter.com/5ndYcl4vUT
— IIFA (@IIFA) June 4, 2022
Among the most-awaited performances was Nora Fatehi’s dance medley. On the other hand, Sara Ali Khan danced to Chaka Chak, while Ananya Pandey brought out the best of the movie Gehraiyaan.
The event ended with Shahid Kapoor’s tribute to late Indian music director Bappi Lahiri.
List of winners at IIFA Rocks 2022 :
- Best Picture – Shershaah
- Best Director -Vishnu Varadhan for Shershah
- Best Actor (Male) in a Leading Role – Vicky Kaushal for Sardar Udham
- Best Actor (Female) in a Leading Role – Kriti Sanon for Mimi
- Best performance in a Supporting Role (Female): Sai Tamhankar for Mimi
- Playback Singer (Male): Jubin Nautiyal for Raataan Lambiyan (Shershaah)
- Music Direction (Tie): A.R. Rahman (Atrangi Re), Tanishk Bagchi, Jasleen Royal, Vikram Montrose, Javed-Mohsin, B Praak, Jaani (Shershaah)
- Best performance in a Supporting Role (Male): Pankaj Tripathi for Ludo
- Playback Singer (Female): Asees Kaur for Raataan Lambiyan (Shershaah)
- Best Story (Adapted content): Sanjay Puran Singh Chauhan, Kabir Khan for 83
- Best Story (Original content): Anurag Basu for Ludo
- Best Debut Male: Ahan Shetty for Tadap 2
- Best Debut Female: Sharvari Wagh for Bunty Aur Babli 2
- Lyrics: Kausar Munir for Lehra Do (83)