St Kitts and Nevis, the twin-island paradise, is the pioneer of the Citizenship by Investment industry. The smallest country in the western hemisphere launched the citizenship by investment programme in 1984 and is now known as the “platinum standard” of CBI all over the world. The nation’s population, which is over 53,192, directly and indirectly benefits from the revenue that comes from its esteemed CBI Programme.
The island is known as the “Paradise of the Caribbean” and has also proved itself to be the most favoured location for cruise ship travellers. The nation is small enough to see in a day, but it will take a lifetime to explore the beautiful twin-island federation. The ocean glittering venues and sheer blue water make it even more stunning.
During the 80s, St Kitts and Nevis acquired significant revenue through the “Sugar Industry”, but gradually, the industry shut down in 2005. After its closure, the twin-island nation started to make use of the citizenship by investment programme to support the country’s socio-economic activities.
A few years ago, in 2018, the government launched Sustainable Growth Fund (SGF), mainly known as the Fund Option under the CBI Programme, which assists the government in operating social programmes, providing income support to individuals, and more. Under this option, the investor can make a contribution toward the social prosperity and the economy of the country.
Sustainable Growth Fund assists the twin-island federation by:
- Ensuring the health and well-being of a growing population
- Developing climate resilience, protecting the twin-island against the future effects of climate change
- Enhancing the quality of education
- Promoting St Kitts and Nevis’ thriving tourism industry
- Asset the indigenous entrepreneurship
- Publicize the different cultural savour of the people
- Construct solid and resilience infrastructure that will stand the test of time
“As the first country to offer economic citizenship globally, St Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Programme is a feat of longevity and constant creation. It has moved the nation, and certainly people around the world, in a positive way. As the Programme joins a new era, the nation offers you a promising future and refined plan for continuous prosperity,” said the Prime Minister Timothy Harris during the launch of Sustainable Growth Fund (SGF) in 2018.
The CBI Programme of the Federation of St Kitts and Nevis has been ranked as the world’s, fastest, most secure in CBI Index, published by Financial Times’ Professional Wealth Management magazine.
The country has topped the Citizenship Timeline pillar by virtue of the Accelerated Application Process. The country has bagged the perfect score in the Ease of Processing and Due Diligence pillars. Furthermore, the Sustainable Growth Fund gathered praise for the family pillar facility.
The CBI of St Kitts and Nevis has gained popularity because of the rigorous and stringent due diligence checks conducted to make sure that the alternative citizenship has been granted to the reputed and honest applicant.
The individuals who are keen to attain the alternative citizenship of the twin-island Federation may acquire one by financially donating to the “Sustainable Growth Fund” option. An investor can contribute a minimum USD 150,000 to be part of the citizenship by investment programme, under the Sustainable Growth Fund option.
Another major highlight of the Citizenship by Investment Programme is the Accelerated Application Process (AAP). It is a unique feature which in which after paying certain amount of fee, the applicant can accelerate the processing on his/her application. In some cases, AAP process applications in 60 days or less.
St Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Programme offers the citizenship to the applicant’s family members, including the dependent’s spouse, children (under the age of 30) and parents as well as grandparents (over the age of 55).
One of the best features of the programme of the twin-island Federation is “Global Mobility”. Citizenship provides access to more than 156 countries across the globe.
Some other benefits of the CPI of St Kitts and Nevis can be listed as:
• St Kitts and Nevis’s dual citizenship has been considered the most powerful in the Caribbean and 24 globally.
• The alternative citizenship helps in becoming a global citizen by providing visa-free access to over 150 countries.
• It offers stable and prosperous access to the Caribbean haven.
The second citizenship of the Federation of St Kitts and Nevis can be attained if the investor qualifies some of the eligibility criteria, which are:
• The applicant must be of outstanding character.
• The investor must not have any criminal record.
• The investment must have excellent health.
• The applicant must have a high personal net worth.
• The minimum age of the investor must be more than 18 years.
• The individual must prove their outstanding character through bank statements and employer references.