The event “The Frankincense Season”, organized by the Ministry of Heritage and Tourism, opens at the locations of the incense land today. It includes Al Baleed Archaeological Park, Sumhuram Archaeological Park and Wadi Dawkah Nature Reserve. It will continue until 2 December.
Khaled bin Abdullah Al-Abri, Director General of the Directorate of Heritage and Tourism in Dhofar Governorate, In one of his statements, said, “The event aims to highlight the historical places enjoyed by the sites of the Land of Frankincense and the civilized roles they have played across the bridges of cultural and commercial exchange with different civilizations.”
He clarified that the season of incense would include a presentation of how its products and extracts are manufactured, old and modern, along with a simulation of an exporting machine through historical ports in Zafar Governorate via caravans.
He added that the event of the season of incense would also include an exhibition of Omani perfumes and products of prominent companies in the Sultanate of Oman that use their products, as well as a documentary photo exhibition of Khur Rory reflecting the natural life in Sumhuram Archaeological Park.
In his recent conclusion, El-Abri referred to the events associated with the milking season, including the establishment of a corner for restaurants and a children’s theater, as well as providing visitors with the opportunity to try picnic boats in Al-Bilid Creek instead of planting a thousand milk trees in Wadi Douka Reserve on 2 December to celebrate the Bicyclist sites in the list of the committee World Heritage Site in UNESCO.
As per the schedule of The Frankincense Season, starting on 29 November 2022 and ending on 2 December, there will be a bunch of activities during this season, including:-
- Exhibition Specialized in displaying and selling frankincense products and their derivatives, as well as a live show of frankincense’s distillation.
- The use of VR devices shows the movie “Oman through history“.
- Presenting artistic performances that embody the history of frankincense.
- A variety of theatrical paragraphs daily (Family and Kids).
- Frankincense Caravans Drawing Competition.
- Restaurant & Cafe (Food Trucks).
- Excursion boats and electric buggies.
- Live demonstration to extract frankincense products using modern methods.
- Lubana Studio (Taking pictures with Dhofari traditional clothes).
- Workshop of Dhofar University research centre on the extraction methods of Omani Frankincense.
- Competition (Searching for the Treasure) for exploring Sumhuram
- Archaeological Park (Khor Rori).
- Documentary Photo exhibition (Wildlife in Khor Rori).
- Camel Riding Experience.
- Frankincense Extraction “Live Shows”
- Planting 1000 frankincense seedlings in Wadi Dawkah (Natural Park of Frankincense Trees)