World: Women in today’s world faces tons of issues, among which “Gender equality” is the one. We have often heard several NGOs, women entrepreneurs, billionaires and human rights activists calling on “equality for females in the society”.
Inequality against women is the primary concern that has been raised by everyone, including several international organizations such as – United Nations. Inequality can take place at workplaces, holy worship venues, forces and even at our homes.
UN once again reminded the world population about giving equal rights to females so that they can grow and follow their aspirations.
UN tweeted, “From recovering better from #COVID19 to taking #ClimateAction, women are key to finding solutions to the world’s biggest challenges. The #GlobalGoals aim to ensure all women and girls have opportunities to help us build a better future. http://bit.ly/SDGinFocus“.
From recovering better from #COVID19 to taking #ClimateAction, women are key to finding solutions to the world's biggest challenges.
The #GlobalGoals aim to ensure all women and girls have opportunities to help us build a better future. https://t.co/xhDC9tQEd6 pic.twitter.com/I9Hz5flue0
— United Nations (@UN) March 12, 2022
Often slogans and quotes are also being raised against “women equality” below are some of them, which will force one individual to re-think the current scenario of women in our society:
- We have begun to raise daughters – more like sons, but few have the courage to raise our sons more like our daughters.
- Last night I was seriously considering whether – I was bisexual or not but I don’t think so though I’m not sure if I’d like to be and argh I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that, if you like a person, you like the person, not their genitals.
- It is time that we all see gender as a spectrum instead of 2 sets of opposing ideals.
- How significant it is for us to recognize & celebrate our heroes and she-roes!
- Achieving gender equality needs the engagement of women & men, girls and boys. It is everyone’s responsibility.
- When girls are valued less than boys, women less than men, they face multiple risks throughout their lives – at home, at work, at school, from their families, & from strangers. Gender-based violence is a major consequence of gender inequality. It is a worldwide phenomenon.
- It is time that men & boys recognize the part they must play in gender equality & join with the voices and actions of the women and girls who are trying to re-shape society in the interests of us all.
- Equal pay is not just a women’s issue; – when women get equal pay, their family incomes rise, and the whole family benefits.