World Water Day – observed every year on March 22, marked with the motive to underline and create awareness among the population at the global level related to the significance of freshwater.
The theme of each day focuses on topics pertinent to clean water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), which is in line with the targets of Sustainable Development Goal 6 of the United Nations. The issues regarding which the world’s population is made aware include water scarcity, water pollution, inadequate water supply, lack of sanitation as well as climate change impacts.
“Groundwater, making the invisible visible” – is the theme set by the UN for this year.
Below are some of the quotes related to the water issues awareness:
- You can’t wash the waste from your hands when it’s all gone.
- Caring for water is caring for us all.
- One cotton t-shirt or 1,300 days of drinking water? It’s the same amount of water for both.
- Don’t be the leak in our global flow.
- Rich or poor in water. It’s the only currency that really matters.
- If you save water, water will save you.
- Today’s wastage is tomorrow’s shortage.
- It’s time to realize, save water and be wise.
- Gloomy or gay, save water every day.
- Work sustainably to save water daily.
- Be green like a pro by conserving H20.
- Don’t be a fool; cover your pool.
- Don’t waste it, just taste it!.
- Waste water today; live in a desert tomorrow!.
- 4-minute shower, not a quarter-hour!.
- Stop the drip, to save the drop.
- A Gallon saved is a million earned.
- Be a Water Warrior / Hero / Wise.
- Water preservation to prevent future devastation.
- Life depends on water, and water conservation depends on you!
- Save water today, Or stay thirsty tomorrow.
- The water war is closer than you think, don’t waste water, even when you blink.
- Water is life, and conservation is the future; let’s save lives through water conservation!
- Water is a priceless gift of nature; start saving it today for a great future.
- A river is more than an amenity; it is a treasure.
- The wars of the twenty-first century will be fought over water.