Bill Gates – a name and a personality which has become an inspiration for millions of individuals, especially for youth. He is an American business magnate, software developer, investor, author, and philanthropist.
During his career at Microsoft, Gates held the positions of chairman, chief executive officer (CEO), president and chief software architect, while also being the largest individual shareholder until May 2014. He is one of the personalities who had awestruck the world population by his work and intelligence.
Some of the best investment and powerful quotes by Bill Gates are –
- Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.
- To win big, you sometimes have to take big risks.
- If you can’t make it good, at least make it look good.
- Before you were born, your parents weren’t as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought you are. So before you save the rainforest from the parasites of your parent’s generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.
- Capitalism is this wonderful thing that motivates people; it causes wonderful inventions to be done. But in this area of diseases of the world at large, it’s really let us down.
- Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life HAS NOT. In some schools, they have abolished failing grades, and they’ll give you as MANY TIMES as you want to get the right answer. This doesn’t bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.
- Of my mental cycles, I devote maybe 10% to business thinking. Business isn’t that complicated. I wouldn’t want that on my business card.
- I realized about ten years ago that my wealth had to go back to society. A fortune, the size of which is hard to imagine, is best not passed on to one’s children. It’s not constructive for them.
- Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.
- Patience is a key element of success.
- In this business, by the time you realize you’re in trouble, it’s too late to save yourself. Unless you’re running scared all the time, you’re gone.
- I really had a lot of dreams when I was a kid, and I think a great deal of that grew out of the fact that I had a chance to read a lot.
- We always overestimate the change that will occur in the next two years and underestimate the change that will occur in the next ten. Don’t let yourself be lulled into inaction.