Saint Lucia: The Football Association of Saint Lucia has recently conducted an election for a new executive to run the affairs of the organization at the occasion of its 36th Ordinary Congress at the Bay Garden Hotel in the presence of Concacaf Project Director Howard Mc Intosh as an observer.
During the election day, all 18 Leagues were present, with the Steering Committee of the Marchand Football League as the observers as well. In addition, “The opening session of the election event was focused on an agenda to elect a new executive,” said reports.
As per the update, the elections were conducted by Mr Cuthbert St. Juste and Ms Marva Daniel, who also outlined the procedures to be undertaken during the election process, which read as,
– Each candidate was allotted five minutes to make a presentation to the Delegates, following which the voting was conducted.
– In her presentation, a contender for the Presidency, Mrs Sabina Charles Kirton, withdrew her candidacy, citing, amongst other things, that the said elections are improperly constituted.
Furthermore, the officials from the Saint Lucia Football Association have declared the results from the held elections, which read as follows,
– President – Mr Lyndon Cooper – 16 votes
– First President – Mr Stephen Regis – Unopposed
– Second Vice President – Mr Innocent St. Ange – 12 votes to Ms Mary Liz Campbell 5 votes
– Vice President Northern Zone – Mr Valdez James – Unopposed
– Vice President Eastern Zone – Mr Kendel Emmanuel – Unopposed
– Vice President Southern Zone – Mr Emmanuel Bellas – Unopposed
Moreover, the officials also stated that the position of the Vice President of the Saint Lucia Football Association was contested between incumbent Mr Alvin Francis and his challenger Mr Marcus Harrow.
Additionally, after the voting of two rounds, there was a stalemate with each one of the candidates for the post of Vice President of the football federation of Saint Lucia, with each receiving two votes. After this, the officials confirmed that the matter would be resolved later by the four leagues, which will decide the result, as per sources.