All of us needs and finds different ways to keep ourselves motivated. Some look for books, music, inspirational short stories, look out towards their friends, while some get inspired by quotes and from the lives of their role models or idols.
One of the famous and world-recognized authors – Helen Keller, is the one who has inspired and touched millions of lives.
Helen Adams Keller (June 27, 1880 – June 1, 1968) was an American author, disability rights advocate, political activist and lecturer. Among her notable works is her hand written “The story of my life”.
Following are some of the best inspirational quotes by Helen Keller which motivates one to push themselves and never stop working on their goals:
- Although the world is full of – suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.
- We can do anything we want to do if we stick to it long enough.
- Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold.
- Your success & happiness lies in you. Resolve to keep happy, & your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties.
- Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experiences of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired and success achieved.
- Believe. No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new heaven to the human spirit.
- Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow.
- While they were saying among themselves it cannot be done, it was done.
- I wonder what becomes of lost opportunities? Perhaps our guardian angel gathers them up as we drop them, and will give them back to us in the beautiful sometime when we have grown wiser, and learned how to use them rightly.
- Faith is a mockery if it does not teach us that we can build a more complete and beautiful world.
- We could never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world.
- When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
- The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart.
- More than at any other time, when I hold a beloved book in my hand my limitations fall from me, my spirit is free.
- Science may have found a cure for most evils; but it has found no remedy for the worst of them all — the apathy of human beings.