EU nations appeal to Israel to revise decision on construction in East Jerusalem

On Wednesday, the foreign ministries of four European nations – France, Germany, Italy, and Spain, urged the Israeli administration to stop construction new house units in the occupied part of the East Jerusalem.

On Wednesday, the foreign ministries of four European nations – France, Germany, Italy, and Spain, urged the Israeli administration to stop construction new house units in the occupied part of the East Jerusalem.

The ministers of the European nations said that this development in the area would add the obstruction to the two-nation solution. This statement was released on the day when the Israeli troops forcefully evicted the Palestinians from their home and demolished the properties home of the Salhiya family in the Sheikh Jarrah neighbourhood of occupied East Jerusalem. The demolition of the houses left 18 people, including children, homeless.

Advertisement

The four nations further expressed the concern and said that the building in the area would detach the occupied West Bank from East Jerusalem and highlighted that the international rights had been violated due to these settlements.

The construction plan was approved by the government of Israel last month. According to the approved plan, around 3,500 houses would be constructed on the site. Reportedly, about half of these will be built in the illegal settlements of controversial Givat Hamatos and Har Homa.

The European nations further raised concern about the immoral act by the Israeli troops and asked the government to stop evictions and demolition of the Palestinian homes.

The horrible act by the Israeli government was condemned by various Palestinian groups and international rights organisations as a war crime and violation of the international laws.

Israel occupied East Jerusalem during the Middle East war of 1967 and took over the entire city in the year 1980.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Read More

Chris Harrison is permanently leaving The Bachelor franchise!     

The long time host of The Bachelor franchise is permanently leaving the reality dating show after almost 20 years. According to the reports, the 49...

UAE celebrates Pinktober by offering free scanning to fight against Breast cancer

The world is celebrating Pinktober; due to ongoing world breast cancer awareness month, People living across UAE can head to several venues for free breast cancer screenings.

Dubai Financial Market Company discloses its financial results of first quarter of 2022

Dubai Financial Market Company (PJSC) disclosed its financial results for the first three months of 2022 on Friday, 29 April, showing a 17% increase in its net profit to AED 27.5 Million, compared to AED 23.4 Million during the same period of 2021.

Recent

Mandatory booster shot guideline for Saudi Arabia citizens wishing to travel abroad

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia: Citizens who wish to travel to any other foreign country will be required to get vaccinated with the booster shot of...

World requires faster action in getting COVID vaccines, says UAE Minister

The UAE (Dubai) Minister of State for Advanced Technology, Sarah Al Amiri, on Monday, 11 April said that the COVID-19 pandemic was "far from over" and also called for faster action in getting vaccine shots to poor and war-torn countries.

UAE: WHO to ship emergency kits from Dubai to Afghanistan amid earthquake crisis

Emergency kits for basic bone surgery and skin grafts are part of 24.5 tonnes of medical help being sent by the World Health Organisation from its logistics hub in UAE's Dubai on Tuesday, 28 June, to help victims in Afghanistan suffering due to earthquake.