World: Charlie Chaplin is one of the most beloved comedians by people across the globe. Chaplin was an English comic actor, filmmaker, and composer who grew to stardom in the epoch of silent film. He was born on 16 April 1889 in London, United Kingdom.
Chaplin’s childhood went through hardships and poverty. His mother was sent to the mental asylum when Chaplin was 14-years-old.
Chaplin started performing at a very early age, touring music halls and later working as a stage actor and comedian. At 19, he was signed to the Fred Karno company, which took him to the United States of America. He was scouted for the film industry and began appearing in 1914 for Keystone Studios.
He is truly an inspiration for all the young actors who aspire to be like him one day.
Below are some of the famous quotes of Chaplin –
- Life is a beautiful magnificent thing, even to a jellyfish.
- You’ll never find a rainbow if you’re looking down.
- As I began to love myself, I found that anguish and emotional suffering were only warning signs that I was living against my own truth. Today, I know this is “AUTHENTICITY”.
- A man’s true character comes out when he’s drunk.
- Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.
- As I began to love myself, I understood how much it could offend somebody if I tried to force my desires on this person, even though I knew the time was not right and the person was not ready for it, and even though this person was me. Today I call it “RESPECT”.
- We think too much and feel too little.
- You’ll find that life is still worthwhile if you just smile.
- Your naked body should only belong to those who fall in love with your naked soul.
- My pain may be the reason for somebody’s laugh, But my laugh must never be the reason for somebody’s pain.